From the Cracked.com website:
When evil, conniving contractors of the Snidely Whiplash variety plunder and prey on innocent renovators, Mike Holmes steps in and delivers a one-two punch of sound advice and feel-good before and after renovation montages.
Mike Holmes: Canada's Captain America
Just The Facts
- Mike Holmes is the man your father wanted you to be.
- Only God can help you if you've violated Ontario building codes in his presence.
- Chuck Norris may be the guy in the closet that the boogie man is scared of, but Mike Holmes built the closet. And the house.
- Is one reason why HGTV is actually worth watching (just keep telling yourself that).
- His wardrobe consists of boots, overalls, and muscle.
- Is a perfect, shining of example of all that is right and American in the world and... wait...
- He's Canadian. Sunuvabitch.
Mike Holmes: The Man
After World War II, Canada faced a wave of cheap housing, designed and contracted by evil, plotting contractors that laughed in the face of building codes. A hero was needed. The government put together a program. Named HOLMESONHOMES, the program put together the best and brightest of the building industry and the same team that injected Wolverine with Adamantium (they had experience working on Canadians).
Google Image Result for "crazy canadian scientist"
The Canadian government sent into the near future their highly trained team of Time-Traveling Mounties.
Canadian Mounties are prepared to deal with any situation, no matter the level of ridiculous
Needless to say, these hosers finished dead last.