Sunday, May 12, 2013

Holmes Spot Sunday Light Edition

It appears that the Blogger website is going through some technical difficulties right now, as I'm finding formatting extremely difficult. So, today I'm posting a Holmes Spot light edition, in hopes that by tomorrow, everything will be back up and running the way it should be.

Yesterday, while scouring the internet for photos or info from the ATV ride, I stumbled upon these rare gems. I'm not sure why Mike is dressed in white clam diggers, it's certainly a BOLD fashion statement to say the least. Perhaps he has chicken legs that he's trying to hide? Or perhaps he's going panning for gold and he doesn't want to get the bottoms of his pants wet? Either way, great choice, I think I had a pair of pants like that when I was in high school. And let's not mention that shirt. Of course, I've heard it said before that Mike Holmes loves to wear Hawaiian shirts. Some guys can rock the flowery patterns better than others I suppose. Yes, like most normal dudes, Mike Holmes doesn't have a stylist. But he does have a woman in his life. I'm not sure if I'd let my husband out of the house dressed like this...























One last statement before I end this entry... Mike Holmes in white clam diggers, a flowery shirt, and slippers is still sexier than Brad Pitt in my eyes. Eat your heart out, ladies :)

11 comments:

  1. I've always thought that Mike needed a stylist. I especially thought this after seeing him wear a black tux with a black shirt, black tie, etc. Looked more like funeral attire. He does have a woman in his life but I've seen what she wears and doubt that she finds anything wrong with how he dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's never pretended to be a fashion plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jundee is right. I have to ask you, Raquel, are you a fan of Mike's. Doesn't sound it.

      Mike is a very secure guy, and one fantastic man. So he can dress anyway he wants, and owes no explanations. Wonder what we would find if we took a look at what's in your closet.


      Delete
    2. Kathy, that's not fair to say at all. This was meant to be satiracle and in jest, not to be taken seriously! I apologize if my sarcasm didn't translate. If we can't poke fun at the ones we love, then I don't know what. Lastly, if you looked in my closet you would be horrified and take great pitty on me, because my wardrobe consists mainly of old ratty concert tees and flip flops... And ironically some old clam diggers that I can't bear to part with because I've had them since high school ;) Let us not be afraid to laugh at ourselves and with others. I meant no disrespect.

      Delete
    3. I thought what you said was just teasing. I didn't take it as you meaning anything so serious. I think Mike would look good no matter what he was wearing! He is a great guy & seems to have a great sense of humor. I don't think he would take what you said as serious. I love the the way you write about things, you put your personality in what you write. It makes it feel like we get to know you! I think you do a great job keeping us up to date on what's going on with Mike! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. So Kathy, you can look at this entire website and from one post make that kind of comment? Evel Knievel couldn't jump that logic chasm. Have a great day, Karen D. Syracuse New York

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear $ 20.00 khaki pants all the time, don't even own a suit. For special occasions, like my son's wedding, I use grey pants, dark blue blazer.

    I guess I'm just not a fashion plate. Don't care about name brands.

    My wife is the same, what she calls "low maintenance" life style. She doesn't care for jewelry, perfume, fancy clothes, make-up. But we've been married for 37 years.

    But we do spend money on donations to the Holmes Foundation, the Boston victims, Haiti earthquake, Japan Tsunami, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got you beat... I wear my favorite hot pink sweats from Walmart that I bought for 9.99 unless Im going out or to church. I'm not very fashionable either, and I'm pretty low maintenance. I will however buy a nice outfit, as needed, for a special event. And last year, My husband and I donated $250 to the Holmes Foundation for their ATV ride, and we're not even Canadian. Would have done the same this year too, but they didn't have a designated place to pledge like last year. I would hope no one would think I'm judging Mike as a person based on his outfit. I was just having a good chuckle at his pants, which he should probably think about burning, if he hasn't yet already. Lastly, Mike could rock a paper sack and still be handsome in my eyes. I'm sad and a little surprised that people took what I said seriously, when it was obviously just poking fun.

      Delete
  5. Don't worry about it. I've been around Mike often enough to know he can take a joke. You should see the pranks he pulls on his crew sometimes.

    One thing I learned over the years is that you can please some of the people sometimes but you can never please all of the people all the time.

    Don't know if you caught the pic of Mike at the parade in New Orleans.
    He wore a large crown, looked ridiculous but he had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, for one, think he looks darling. Wish I could get my metrosexual husband to go out in public looking like that!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete